15 Dec 2010

Midnight Blue(s) Margaritas.

At this very moment, my novel's main character is having Midnight Margaritas with a few friends, and I had to test the magical formula to make sure it was just right for the occasion. I'm not going to add the recipe to the story, but still, I like to do my research properly. Not an easy life, being a writer on sabbatical...

As an extra challenge, the drink had to be blue. You're free to ask why, but I can't tell you just now. The fact that I'd run out of Cointreau wasn't the only reason. Really.

Either way, here's the recipe, and a glimpse of how it turned out:

Ingredients:
50ml tequila
30ml blue curaçao
juice of 3/4 of a lime
tiny dash of cane sugar syrup
ice cubes
some coarse salt (I used fleur de sel)

How to make it:
- Add ice cubes, tequila, blue curaçao, lime juice and cane sugar syrup in a blender.
- Quote the 'Eye of newt, toe of frog' lines from Macbeth while waving your arms and hands in a most mysterious way.
- Blend.
- Cut the remaining 1/4 of a lime in 2 pieces. Use one to wet the rim of the glass and dip the glass in the salt.
- Add the lime pieces to the glass (and another ice cube if you prefer) and pour the blended mixture over them. Done!

I think a blue margarita makes the perfect accessory to my writing desk. Wouldn't you agree?



Right. No more procrastinating for me. Back to the novel!
♥ Bookmark or share this post ♥

4 comments:

  1. I can tell life is tough right now! Ohh, the sacrifices you make!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... I know... it's a matter of being serious about whatever it is you do! =)

    I want the only lies/untruths in my novel to be intentional ones! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT! is inspiration. I'll have two of those please. One for the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But... but... don't drink and drive! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...