Today has been one of those days.
After half a day of redecorating my hidey-hole / writer's den (pictures coming soon) and a few hours of overdue reading, there was a little energy left for something I'd been thinking about for a while but never really got round to doing: compiling a list of questions I want to ask myself on a regular basis.
And as with all questions, their real value lies in the answers we come up with. And the insights and changes that sprout and grow from there.
Anyway, here's my list:
- What is the craziest thing I've done so far? How crazy is it?
- Am I a nice person?
- Who are the people I consider most important in my life? How much (quality) time do I actually spend with them?
- How do I think people will remember me when I die? How would I want to be remembered?
- Have I been the kind of friend I'd want to have as a friend?
- Have I made a real difference in anyone's life?
- Am I being a good friend to myself? Taking care of my body, heart, mind, soul or whatever part of me I consider important?
- When's the last time my heart was beating fast out of excitement?
- If I didn't know my own age, how old would I think I was?
- If I were a superhero, what would my superpower be?
- If I only had 3 more months to live, would I continue doing what I'm doing now?
- Most of the time, when I wake up, do I feel like what I'm going to do that day matters?
- Which are my most treasured skills? In how far am I using them to make a living?
- What is my biggest fear?
- Am I holding any grudges?
- How much do I like my home? The village/town/city/country where I live?
- What would my dream holiday look like? In what way is it different from my current daily life?
- Am I spending most of my thoughts on the past, the present or the future?
- Who are the people I'm surrounding myself with? What does that tell about me?
- How far would I go to save the life of someone I love?
- What am I most grateful for?