8 May 2011

It's Raining ...

... awards at the moment. Well, maybe not raining them, but I did get another one: the Versatile Blogger Award, passed on to me by the wonderful cyberpunk / paranormal romance / urban fantasy writer Sarah Mäkelä. Thanks!

This award, too, comes with the tradition attached to share 7 things about yourself, and to pass it on to other bloggers.

Reusing the 7 facts from the last award felt like cheating, so I've come up with new ones. Here we go:

1. I love Thai food.

2. I'm a total night owl - always have been.

3. I learnt to read when I was 4.

4. One of my favourite singers / musicians is Tori Amos.

5. I love the smell of campfire lingering on my clothes and in my hair.

6. I often struggle to balance cynicism and optimism in my life.

7. I wrote my Master's thesis about an obscure female poet from Berlin, Germany.

Now, it is my pleasure to pass on this award to the versatile, multi-talented:

- scientist and writer Alison Pearce Stevens.
- Rosalind Adam, writer and teacher who introduced me to the wonders of Leicester.
- artist and jewelcrafter Suzanne Redmond at Blue Sand Studio.
♥ Bookmark or share this post ♥

15 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the award and I'm delighted you enjoyed my A to Z of Leicester. I learnt to read at 4 too but I have to say I'm not a night owl at all. I've had it by 10 pm. I've always been like that, even as a teenager.

    Thanks again for the award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - it's a well deserved award! I wish I was a night owl - but am zonked by 10pm too!
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we'll know plenty about you by the time you're done receiving awards. :)

    Off to check out the blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rosalind: I really enjoyed your A to Z series, and many other posts as well. Has the Leicester tourist board contacted you yet? They owe you! :-)

    @Laura: thank you, that's very kind. :-) 10pm is when I start getting into 'the zone'. I'm not worth much before 10am though. ;-)

    @L.G.: still nothing really important, I hope. It's such a tricky balance: sharing vs. privacy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! I LOVE Thai food, Berlin (though not familiar with its obscure poets), and the smell of a campfire. Looks like we've got a lot in common! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Alison: you're very welcome, 'versatile' seemed to fit! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, K.C. and thanks so much for your comment on my blog today. Love learning these things about fellow bloggers.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your seven items, especially the obscure poet - which one?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Karen: me too! Those little trivia help to colour in the picture I have of a person. :-)

    @Rosemary: thanks. :-) Karin Kiwus, she's called. Very little was known about her at the time I wrote my thesis, but I loved her poetry from the first poem I read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome seven items! I'm a night owl too. =) I know what you mean as well about balancing cynicism and optimism. It's challenging. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Sarah: one of the biggest challenges in our lifes of relative luxury. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Tori Amos too, especially Talula and Hey, Jupiter :) Too bad she kinda disappeared recently.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @DEZMOND: ah, has she? Disappeared from the media, you mean? I'm always late in picking up news about CDs and concerts, but she's played here in Belgium only a couple of months ago, and she's planning a new tour already afaik.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...