5 Feb 2011

Lucky 13: Favourite Quotes by Women Writers.

Writing in the sand
Photo credit: Carlie Kiggans.

"The library is inhabited by spirits that come out of the pages at night."
--Isabel Allende

"When you read a book as a child, it becomes a part of your identity in a way that no other reading in your life does..."
--Nora Ephron

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
--Maya Angelou

"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it."
--Toni Morrison

"You refuse to own yourself, you permit others to do it for you"
--Margaret Atwood

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
--J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)

"My imagination makes me human and makes me a fool; it gives me all the world and exiles me from it."
--Ursula K. LeGuin

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."
--Anaïs Nin

"What the mind doesn't understand, it worships or fears."
--Alice Walker

"That is happiness, to be dissolved into something complete and great."
--Willa Cather

"When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid."
--Audre Lorde

"If you knew it all it would not be creation but dictation."
--Gertrude Stein

"There must be those among whom we can sit down and weep and still be counted as warriors."
--Adrienne Rich
♥ Bookmark or share this post ♥

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...